Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii

This is far from my best Dendrobium cuthbertsonii.  The flowers are small and the flower segments are not always very flat, nor is the color as bright as I would like, but the plant always blooms profusely and so I keep it.  The species is from New Guinea, is cool growing, as has been noted before, and likes high light.  In fact, under very high light it will also tolerate warmer temperatures.  My plant is grown in a clay pot in sphagnum moss.



4 comments:

  1. Looks great to me. ;-) Did the purple one I sent you revert back to purple, or did it stay red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kevin. I haven't rebloomed your plant yet. It was struggling on the mount so I put it in a small pot and it's taking off now, but no buds or flowers.

      Delete
    2. Glad it's starting to take off. I hope it blooms soon! :-)

      Delete