Friday, January 2, 2015

Epicattleya Ernest Renan x Sophrocattleya Jungle Beau

I do not grow a lot of hybrid orchids and very few from the Cattleya alliance.  This is one of the few Cattleya relatives I still have, a plant I grew and flowered from a small seedling.  The hybrid is unnamed and the names I'm using here are not the most current, since the much of the Cattleya alliance has been reclassified.  Formerly this would have been known as a Stacyara, but it is not that any longer. The plant is 15 cm tall with 5 cm flowers, and they are nothing spectacular in my opinion.  The first two photos are from an earlier blooming and the rest from the present blooming.




6 comments:

  1. Whatever the botanical name, since then the flowers are a delicate beauty. I like the tone cream and green, and the Labellum wavy with speckles. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. An orchid by any other name would smell as sweet.... thank you for sharing this beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate the effort in looking and commenting. Thanks and have a great day.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous flower!!!! Great shots, too =)

    ReplyDelete